The Jefferson City Convention and Visitors Bureau will be glad to help as a liaison along the way. We understand that the smallest details of the production can sometimes be the most difficult to navigate. Here are a few of the pieces we can help put in place:
There are many great locations in our area for film production. We are here to help you find the perfect sites. Take a look at our photos and descriptions.
Production Team Visits:
We would love to show you what we have to offer. Let us help you make the final decision to shoot in and around our city.
We will work with various hotels and businesses to help find a suitable base camp and production office and to secure lodging at affordable rates.
Whether it be lighting and sound, car rentals or catering, everything you need can be found in the Central Missouri area. Here is a list provided by the Missouri Film Commission: http://www.missouribusiness.net/film/pgresults.asp
One benefit of a city our size is the relative lack of constraints in terms of permits. When situations arise in which permits are needed, we will help obtain them as needed through city and county channels.
We will work with local authorities to set up street closings and help with traffic flow.
Let us help you communicate with our local media contacts.
Missouri Film Commission Tax Credits
The Missouri Film Tax Credit incentive is administered through the Missouri Department of Economic Development. Take a look at the Missouri incentives for film production. http://www.missouribusiness.net/film/incentives.asp
- Missouri Film Commission: http://www.missouribusiness.net/film/
- Missouri Motion Media Association: http://www.mommaonline.com/
- Missouri Department of Transportation Central District: http://www.modot.mo.gov/central/
- City of Jefferson: www.jeffcitymo.org
- Jefferson City Memorial Airport (Private Flights): http://www.jeffcitymo.org/cd/airport/airport.html
- Columbia Regional Airport (Commercial Flights): http://www.flymidmo.com/